Video recordings of SHeRD workgroup talks and presentations.
- Kiiskinen and Turmo – Arches Platform for Archaeology: Challenges and PossibilitiesArches Platform for Archaeology: Challenges and Possibilities. Archaeological documentation from the Gouriza excavation site (Finnish Institute at Athens) During 2018–2020 the Finnish Academic Institutes abroad (Athens, Rome, Middle-East, Japan) have been running a joint project on open research data, funded mostly by the Ministry of Education in Finland. The main aim was to develop a […]
- Francesco Beretta – OntoME: Building Conceptual Models as a CommunityOntoME: Building Conceptual Models as a Community in the Perspective of Historical Research Data FAIRification In this talk, Dr Francesco Beretta (LARHRA – CNRS / Data for History) addresses the issue of interoperability of data generated by historical research in order to make them re-usable for new research agendas (FAIR principles). He discusses the reasons […]
- Eric E. Poehler and Sebastian Heath: Pompeii Artistic Landscape ProjectDr Eric E. Poehler (University of Massachusetts Amherst) and Dr Sebastian Heath (Institute for the Study of the Ancient World at New York University) present the Pompeii Artistic Landscape Project (PALP). PALP is an online resource, based in a Linked Open Data (LOD) format, to encourage sitewide discovery, mapping, analysis, and sharing of information about […]
- Wolfgang Schmidle: iDAI.worldThe German Archaeological Institute (DAI) has developed iDAI.world, a system of open access webservices for archaeological data, based on and themselves open source software. The talk will focus on (1) data services including Arachne, a large database of archaeological objects, (2) idai.field, a system for documenting excavation data, and (3) norm data services for data […]
- Olivier Marlet: MASA Consortium: Building the Tools and Protocols for Open Archaeological DatasetsOlivier Marlet from the MASA (Mémoires des archéologues et des sites archéologiques) consortium presents OpenArchaeo, a successful use case of integrating archaeological datasets in France, dealing with the technical, social and epistemological questions this entails While participating in the European project ARIADNE+, the MASA consortium is committed to helping French archaeologists to disseminate their data on […]